Monday, November 2, 2009

It's a good thing babies are so sweet...

So I came back to teaching BodyPump this morning - bright and early at 5:45am. YIKES! After three months away from it...DOUBLE YIKES! And of course, as always, class was full. So I had to put my game face on. This, after I think I ate all of the candy located in the small Kansas town of Arkansas City. Literally. I think I've turned into a Kit Kat. Or a Snickers. Pick your poison...I enjoyed it this weekend.


So I got back to town yesterday and had to practice my BodyPump because, you know, Ive been away from it for THREE months. In that time, I have birthed a baby, gained a total of 35 pounds that needs to come off (candy doesn't help with that, yes, I know), and managed to lose my posture, abs strength, oh hell, overall body strength. This morning, I tried my best to muster up the ability to completely BS my way through this class and look like I wasnt GONNA DIE!


Um, I'm sure glad that as I'm working out, breasts sore as hell because I need to feed la bambina, that I am able to catch a side glance of myself in the gym's FULL length mirrors. GOOD GOD - YIKES is all I have to say! Come on, BodyPump, work your magic...help me....somehow get into those size 8 pants...


The good news is that I got through the class and I'm still alive. Can barely move, mind you, but hey, all in good time, right?


It's a good thing Libby is too damn cute and that she has begun smiling on a regular basis. Good thing. Because nothing else would make me cut myself a little slack as I work my a** off to get back to where I should be.


I think I'll avoid looking at those mirrors. Yes, I think I will. It would be best for all involved.

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}