Monday, October 12, 2009

Yes, I did it. I euthanized Nicole...the male beta fish...

Our male fish, Nicole, has been on her/his last fin for awhile now. The girls knew it. I knew it. Chris knew it. But none of us wanted to make the call. It was time to say goodbye.

So today, although extremely traumatic for me, I put her/him out of her/his misery. Yes, she/he was lovingly placed into the toilet as I took a moment to reflect on her/his life with us since April.

She/he lived a long, happy life and I was sad to see her/him go.

Who the hell am I kidding? Good God, that fish SMELLED and I was happy to see her/him go!
Keely barely seemed phased. All she commented on was how bad the sink smelled after I got rid of the fishbowl water.

I think this is a sign that we aren't quite ready for a dog.
Too bad. ;)

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}