Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just a few things I will never understand...

1. And this is a BIG number 1: WHY CONNOR WAKES UP AT 5:30am.
Does the child not enjoy sleep and the warm confines of his bed? And why, when he wakes at this UNGODLY hour, does he get mad at me when I DON'T want to get out of bed to walk him back upstairs? Why does he fuss and cry and pitch a fit when his dad tries to help me KEEP MY SANITY (which is running low, FYI) by getting up and either taking him back to bed, or, if it's late (which, according to Connor's clock at at 6am) or turning on his shows in the TV room? Why? Because it's not MOM helping him. He wants MOM to do it. Good Lord. Mom's gonna go insane, little boy, you are better off hanging with your dad. He is much more sane. Believe me!

2. WHY THE KIDS INSIST ON JUMPING ON THE BED WHEN I AM NURSING LIBBY.
This, simply put, hurts. Ummm, please don't bounce up and down because when you do, your sister does too and that, well, hurts like he** when she pulls away from me. OUCH. What are you trying to do to me, kids? Kill me with nursing?

3. WHY MY GIRLS (the older ones, I'm not expecting miracles from Libby yet) CANNOT CLEAN THEIR MESSES WITHOUT a. fighting with each other or b. fighting with me.
I am exhausted from the sound of my own whiny voice: "please clean your room. please do not leave dirty underwear on your bathroom floor or under your bed. (ew). please don't leave items thrown around the house. please clean up your place at the table when you are done eating. please do not leave toothpaste on the counter, dripping and gross. please ... please ... please ...

They don't get it. They don't see my insides churning because I, quite frankly, am so annoyed that I have to remind them over and over to do the same things that they should KNOW to do.

4. WHY, WHENEVER CONNOR IS SCREAMING, KEELY IS INVOLVED.
Theirs is a love/hate relationship. Constantly nagging at each other. Constantly. Did I say constantly? I mean constantly. Keely, WALK AWAY. HE IS 3 YEARS OLD AND A LITTLE CRAPPER SOMETIMES. WALK AWAY!! Nope. Keely is a stubborn, sensitive one and by GOD, she's gonna stand her ground.

Does she realize I am in the next room searching for something - anything - to drown out the sound of them fighting? I probably am developing a twitch...a tick...something...from the frustration of hearing them argue.

Deep breath...deep breath...that's what Chris recommends. And a lot of prayer. That's what I recommend.

5. OH YES, WE CAN'T FORGET THIS ONE: WHY, WHEN I'M FEEDING LIBBY, THEY ALL HAVE TO SURROUND ME. AT ALL TIMES.  HELLOOO - OVERSTIMULATION (and I mean for me, God knows how Libby feels).
Yeah, I know. They love me. They want to be around me. All. The. Time. And I would be open to this - however, one of the above-mentioned is usually taking place when they are surrounding me. Meaning, they are either arguing with each other, fussing, etc. so having them around me is not so - um - relaxing.

FYI - As I type this, Connor is taking his box of cars and B-A-N-G-I-N-G his cars against something and it's loud. Very. Loud. Ahh the joys of motherhood.

I told Chris I need a vacation from the three older kids. Let's go away and take Libby with us. All I need with her are some diapers and my boobs. I can handle that. Let's run far far away. For a little bit. No, for a long bit!

OK I feel better. If you are still reading, I'm sorry. It aint all rosy all the time. Maybe I'll go clean the girls' bathroom now. Maybe I'll make THEM do it later today. It's a shame Connor goes to a friend's house today. A real shame. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are normal. Sometimes when I read your posts, you make me feel like the worst mom in the world because there are many times where I am praising God for bedtime, thankful for naps, and THRILLED beyond belief for 1 hour to myself lol We all go through it, Trace! Kids are my greatest blessing, but also my greatest thing to make my hair turn grey, all wrapped up into one lol :)
HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Vicki, Former Body Bo Queen

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}