Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reflections before the chaos begins...

Tonight I go into the hospital to have Libby. I will be induced beginning tomorrow morning, bright and early. I wonder if I get breakfast - ? - I can't remember.
Anyway, side thought.
So today, I thought I would make a nice dinner for the kids and a special dessert to let them know how much they mean to me and how excited I am for them to meet their little sister. Just a little dinner together with the three of them, Chris and my mom, who is so graciously putting her life on hold to help us out.
Along with the dinner, I plan on writing each of them a note written specifically for them, to let them know what they mean to me and to our family. I wanted to share those notes today, so everyone knows how wonderful and special my kids are:
Dearest Abby - I can't believe you are already 9 years old - I remember bringing you home like it was yesterday - our first born who cried incessantly unless she was placed in a swing. You marched to the beat of your own drum from the start. Very strong willed and confident, you also have such a beauty about you that comes across whenever I see you interact with other people. You are a kind spirit who loves to help and loves to spread happiness to everyone you meet. I know you will be a great big sister to Libby - she will learn from you and grow with you. She is very lucky to have you as a sister.
Dearest Kee - With a sweet nature that was evident from birth, you exude love and friendliness and are a joy to be around. Always looking for ways to make others feel good, welcome and happy, you have a kind heart that is always open to love everyone you meet. Your beautiful smile makes my day, and I know you will make a wonderful big sister to Libby. I pray she grows to be as giving, compassionate and loving as you are - I am so proud of you and who you are becoming.
Dearest Connor - Well, little man, you are very outnumbered with your sisters, but that doesn't matter to you - you simply want to be around them - to play with them, joke with them, sing with them and grow with them. Such a loving child, you have shown nothing but love for Libby since you knew she was growing inside me. Always kissing her, rubbing her and telling her you love her, you are going to make one stellar big brother. It is hard for me to believe you will no longer be my baby, but you will always be my very sweet boy whose outstretched arms will always be looking for hugs and kisses.
My kids - despite the normal everyday times I can go insane because of them - are wonderful kids. They are loving, genuine kids who make Chris and I so proud. I can think of nothing better than bringing Libby into this world to share in that.
I believe Libby was hand picked by God to be a part of our family. I believe each of my children has been a glorious gift from God and I probably do not thank Him enough for them.
Yes, I am 40 weeks pregnant and probably EXTREMELY hormonal, but regardless, I wanted to share this with everyone who cares to know - this little blessing, Libby, is one lucky little girl to be able to share her childhood with such amazing siblings. I hope they know that. This dinner tonight is one way I can try to show them.
Now...let's get this party started and let the craziness begin...
:)

5 comments:

The Brown Family said...

You are an amazing woman! Love to you and the fam!

Katie said...

LOVE THE NOTES! So true... I'm just as excited for Libby's arrival as I was for Abby...in the days before even I had my own. She is blessed to come into a family that loves each other so very much....and into an extended family that can't WAIT to hold her and watch her grow up (with her cousins!!!). Maybe I'll tell Landry tonight that her best friend is going to be born tomorrow...she'll be so excited that I bet she'll just look at me and drool :). Our thoughts and prayers are with you Tracey for a QUICK, safe and healthy delivery. We love you!!

Carrie said...

Those were such touching notes!! Know that I will be thinking and praying for you and little Libby! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

maura said...

Tracey - wow. Wonderful notes. That was a great idea. We are very excited to meet miss Libby! I remember the day each of your kiddos were born and I'm looking forward to this day, too. Here's wishing you a great next couple of days, with many exciting years to come!! i love you, sis :)

Lori said...

Ahhh Tracey I felt your love for your family in your letters...it made me tear up!!!! Prayers of health going your way!!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}