Friday, September 11, 2009

I must give credit where credit is due...

As you all know (because I cannot shut up about it) I am due on Monday. The plan is for me to be induced on Thursday if Libby doesn't come on her own. I don't think she will be coming on her own, but miracles DO happen! :)
Those of you who have been pregnant know that the last month is perhaps the hardest. Lack of sleeping, overall discomfort, nausea, fatigue, etc. all settle in and make themselves very comfortable during this last month, and needless to say, it makes being a great mom and a great wife difficult at times - to say the least.
Enter in Chris.
Last night was just one example of how he has helped me cope this last month. For a few hours, he took the kids to the golf course - just to get them out of the house and away from me. Did I accomplish anything when they were gone? No. Did I rest? No. Did I get any errands done? No. But the thing is, he gave me time alone to do whatever I wanted (or didn't want) to do.
I go to bed early, I am pissy a lot of the time, I have no energy at times to complete the night time routine, at least not how I'd like to, or how I should for the kids. But Chris seems to get this. He has - on so many occasions - just gone somewhere with the kids or helped out when he knew I was struggling. I am so thankful for that.
I hope he realizes how wonderful I think he is. And I hope he knows how much I appreciate his understanding of my ups and downs. He is a tremendous father to the kids and the best friend to me.
When all of this is said and done and Libby has arrived and I feel I can - breathe, sleep, move - normally again, I know he will still be there for all of us. Such a blessing I have in him and quite frankly, I wanted to take a moment to share that with whoever cares to read this long-winded blog of mine!
I can't wait to introduce Libby to the most special man in her - and my - life: her dad!
:)

1 comment:

Leeser said...

Glad you have such a great husband! Mine is very similar...he puts up with me even when I am MEAN, and helps out with the kids whenever I need it. I often wonder how in the world single moms do it! We are so blessed! Can't wait to see Libby's pictures. Hang in there!

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}