Sunday, August 30, 2009

We all know one of "those" kids...

You know the type...you really don't like them but your kids do, and you have to be extra careful with what you say about them to the kids or to anyone else within ear shot because those kids of yours have ears like you wouldn't believe and there is no DOUBT that the kid you really don't care for will learn of your opinion in some way or another.
I try to like this kid. But it's hard. This child drives me insane. This child is a tad bit TOO sneaky for my liking. This child calls at all hours, stops by the house at insanely early hours and has a tendency to do the "go ask your mom if I can do XXXX" even though this child KNOWS that my kids can't do XXXX.
This child is the type of child that will inevitably steer one of my kids in the wrong direction. I can tell that even at the young age of 7.
Not that my kids are saints. They aren't. But sometimes I wonder...thank goodness they won't be in school together until junior high.
Oh wait. Maybe that's not so good. Junior high kids get into some bad stuff. Maybe we'll move before that happens. Maybe this child will move. Or maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.
Until then, Chris and I will continue to do what we have to do to ensure that the 7am calls and visits cease, and that this child knows her boundaries when she is playing with our kids.
So there.

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}