Monday, August 24, 2009

Uh, oh, things are dying left and right

Ok, so I admit it. Little things that need attention arent getting it.
Take for instance, Nicole. Our MALE beta (with a nice girly name) seems to be dying a s-l-o-w drawn out death.

No, she isn't upside down, but she may as well be. I mean HE, he may as well be. Not sure what happened with this one...maybe it's the fact that the water is not cleaned out often enough. Maybe I have three kids feeding this poor fish when it only needs food from one. Who knows? All I know is that if this fish dies, I've gotten myself some backup reasons as to why we simply CANNOT get a dog right now...I can hear it now!

"WHYYYYYYYYYY can't we get a dog, mom? WHYYYYYYY?"

"Well, sorry girls, but you killed your fish. If you can't keep a fish alive, how can I expect you to care for a dog?" I love it. I can hear it now.

Oh yes, and the flowers: What a sad sight.

These are vinca, for heaven sakes. They need nothing but some water and they flourish. In fact, they have flourished quite well all summer, I'm proud to say. I have NO green thumb, so I'm pretty pleased with myself for not killing these sooner. But WOW - I glanced at them this evening and what a sad sight THEY are!

So, I have to be the pot or be the kettle, and I have to ask, if I can't keep a fish alive and I can't keep simple plants alive, how am I going to care for a newborn?? :0)

Oh well. She'll have to be a toughie!

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}