Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wow, has it really been 12 years?

Chris and I met when I was 20 years old - at his brother's fraternity party. From that night on, we were together (give or take one month when I had to get my head straight).
We were married when I was 23 on the hottest day of the year in July. July 26 to be exact. What a fun wedding and reception. I don't think I've ever danced as much in my life.
Since then, we have grown through apartments, two houses, three kids with one on the way, multiple jobs, cars, overextended bills, vacations, remodels, date nights, movie nights, parents' passings, and more.
And each day, I love him more.
Marriage is tough stuff. Lord knows there are days we don't like each other very much. But I truly believe in my heart that God placed Chris on this earth to be with me for the rest of my life (or until he calls one of us home).
So, at the risk of sounding corny, I consider myself the luckiest woman in the world. Chris knows me like no one else, and accepts me for who I am. He is a wonderful dad to the kids, a true friend to me and a sounding board for all those times I want to fly off the deep end but can't.
I could go on, but I'm starting to tear up, so I'll stop.
I'm thrilled to be celebrating our 12th anniversary this weekend alone in Kansas City for a night away. I can't wait! :)

6 comments:

maura said...

dang! 12 years? so cool. your wedding was so fun! i remember dancing a lot too that night and being kinda sore then next day! haha! Happy Anniversary! hope you guys have a great weekend :)

Allie Confer said...

Happy Anniversary! - Allie

Allie Confer said...

Happy Anniversary!

Carrie said...

That's beautiful!! Congrats!!!!

the carlson's said...

Happy Anniversary!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! Ummm...Chris, do you still have that t-shirt from 12 years ago?

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}