Sunday, July 12, 2009

Picasso he isn't, but I may be...

I think it takes a very special person to be able to draw, paint and color as elementary as I do at the age of 35. I mean, I think I may have a career in art...the house I have drawn since I was able to do so has remained unchanged. The rainbows and bubble letters are beautiful expressions of the budding artist in me trying to emerge.
Forget Hallmark, and art critics and reviews and the like, I truly believe I am talented, but have yet to be recognized.
Connor, on the other hand, needs some serious art lessons.
Ummm, can anyone tell this kid that BLOBS o' ART don't pay the bills?

This house has remained the same for at least 25 years. Sometimes the seasons change...keep your eyes peeled for my seasonal prints - one coming in Fall 2009.

Ah yes, and who can compare with the rainbow and bubble letters? I am so so good I can barely contain myself.

This little guy seems to think he's pretty talented - what, with his blobs of color and all. I didn't want to be the one to break the cold hard truth to him - he has no future...unless, of course, his pieces of art remain the same for the next 32 years - at least!


The two artists taking a break from a grueling painting session. Look at the look of despair on his face - it's because he knows his work will never compare to mine. It's true. I can see it in his eyes.

Such concentration in his face. Such determination.
Sadly, his pieces will never surpass mine.
Sadly.
If anyone wants a personalized, limited edition house, rainbow or bubble letter piece, email me and I will see if we can work something out. These pieces are in high demand, so act fast!








No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}