Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dads wrestle, girls don't...

I forgot to mention that Connor became upset tonight...not so much because he misses dad (when asked, he said he didn't), but rather, because there is no one except dad who knows how to wrestle!
"Do you miss dad?"
"No."
"You don't?"
"No. I just want him home."
"Why?"
"It's just more fun."
"Why is it more fun with dad here?"
"Because he can wrestle. And you can't because you are a girl."
HUH?
(Could it be because I am almost 7.5 months pregnant and my belly is the size of a freaking BOWLING BALL and probably weighs more?)
What? Doesn't this kid understand that?
No.
"Mommy, boys rule and girls drool, so you can't wrestle. You can cuddle, but you can't wrestle. I want daddy to come home."
Smart boy. I couldn't have said it better myself. "I want daddy to come home."
:) One more day, buddy. Then you can wrestle all you want!

No comments:

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}