Monday, June 15, 2009

Is television such a bad thing?

It's about dinner time...that time of day I dread because I can never figure out what I want to make, and quite frankly, at this point, dinner seems like more of a chore than an enjoyment...can we say TIRED? But tonight, I had a craving for some delicately seasoned grilled shrimp and scallops, coupled with a nice helping of grilled vegetables over a light bed of rice and a good, cold BEER!!! (Ok, so I've taken to O'Douls and you know what? When you can't have a real beer, O'Douls will do)...so I thought maybe Chris might make that for dinner...YUMMY!!!

As I type this, he is busy making spaghetti and rolls. I don't think that sounds like the meal I wanted, but then again, he IS making dinner and I AM posting on this blog. So I guess I should keep my comments to myself. Maybe I'll go out and buy those ingredients tomorrow and make it for dinner . . . yeah right!

Oh yeah, the original reason for this post...is television really all that bad? I mean, Noggin is "preschool on tv" according to the experts...it teaches cognitive skills, relationship skills and computation skills. To be honest, that's a heck of a lot more skills than I'd be teaching Connor as of late...once again, can we say TIRED???

Crossing our fingers, the kitchen SHOULD be completed tomorrow. I say "should" because it "should" have been completed two weeks ago...but such is life. It will be great to have the room completed. I am thrilled with the results we have seen thus far.

Best thing about it? I can fit around the kitchen table!!! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a GOOD thing!
Enough for now...I'm thrilled to have a short work week and then head off on vacation. :) Should be a great time!

2 comments:

Bonney Hodges said...

Tracey - I really don't like cooking dinner and we don't have kids and I'm not pregnant! Don't feel bad at all!

Katie said...

IT'S PUZZLE TIME! I mean, who doesn't want to do a puzzle with Zee and Moose A. Moose? The phone....the phone is ringing....the phone...I'll be right there. My point, Noggin has helped me through many a weeks of having a new baby in the house. Plus, don't the Wonder Pets teach compassion by saving all the animals out there?

Tracey's bookshelf: read

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
My Sister's Keeper
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
The Tenth Circle
Change of Heart
Keeping Faith
Handle with Care
House Rules
More Than It Hurts You
Amy and Isabelle
A Prayer for Owen Meany
A Widow for One Year
The 158-Pound Marriage
To the Lighthouse
Between the Acts
A Room of One's Own, and Three Guineas
The Help


Tracey English's favorite books »
}